Citi-YMCA Youth For Causes 2018:
Causes you can support
Over the past 15 years, the Citi-YMCA Youth For Causes Programme has had the privilege of empowering youths to benefit over 150 Social Service Organizations (SSO).
What is a Social Service Organization?
According to the National Council of Social Services, a social service organization is defined as a non-profit organisation that provides services to benefit the community. Although there is no legal definition of a social service organisation, social service organisations are typically registered as charities and are primarily set up to meet social service needs
For more information please visit https://www.ncss.gov.sg/GatewayPages/Social-Service-Organisations/About-Social-Service-Organisation-s-Charities-IP.
Programme requirements for SSO Participation
- Valid Institute of Public Character (IPC) status
- Fulfil a social need as its core mission
- Member of NCSS, including selected organizations championing animal/environment causes
- Commitment to the programme
- Approval of the YFC Secretaria
Should you wish to choose an organisation that is not on this list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What cause are you passionate about? Different SSOs meet different needs, such as Children, Youths, Elderly, Special Needs, Animals and Environment.
- How can you align your proposal and project to their mission and objectives?
- How will the SSO benefit from the public awareness, volunteers and funds that you raise?
Click on the name of the organisation below to view the organisation’s profile
365 Cancer Prevention Society
Sector: Health, Cancer Prevention, Elderly, Day Care
Children’s Cancer Foundation
Sector: Children, Youth, Health
Home Nursing Foundation
Sector: Elderly, Health
Kidney Dialysis Foundation
Leukemia and Lymphoma Foundation
Metta Welfare Association
Sector: Children, Youths, Elderly, Special Needs, Disabled, Health
Parkinson Society Singapore
Sector: Elderly, Mental Health, Counselling, Disadvantaged families, Social Care
Sian Chay Medical Institution
Singapore Association for Mental Health
Sector: Mental Health
Singapore Cancer Society
Sector: Children, Youth, Elderly, Health
Singapore Planned Families Association
Sector: Children, Youths, Elderly, Special Needs, Health,
The Bone Marrow Donor Programme
The Red Pencil (Singapore)
Sector: Children, Teenagers, Adults, Senior citizens, Disabled, Abuse, Domestic violence, Mental health conditions, Long-term illnesses, Terminal illnesses, Trauma
TOUCH Community Services
Sector: Children, Youths- At-Risk, Special Needs, Elderly, Healthcare