The Star Shelter’s objectives are:
a) To provide temporary refuge for victims of family violence and their children who are in need of protection, regardless of race, language, creed or religion;
b) To provide counseling to shelter-users, and if possible, their perpetrators and other family members;
c) To assist victims of family violence to seek protection and other assistance by making referrals to other service agencies;
d) To collaborate with other voluntary welfare organizations, agencies or government authorities in providing a comprehensive service to such families or individuals in need.
Intended use of funds through the YFC 2018 programme
The funds raised will enable Star Shelter to:
– Provide a safe and secure refuge for the residents.
– Provide meals to the residents.
– Provide financial assistance to women who left their homes without a job or money.
– Work closely with social workers/counsellors from referring FSCs on clients’ cases.
– Counselling sessions with clients, group counselling and/or couple counselling.
– Assist clients in getting a job, PPO, and in other areas to help her go through the difficult period and improve her life.
– Assist clients in getting a permanent place and providing financial assistance to the rebuilding fund to help them set up a permanent home free from violence.
Engaging and involving the YFC participants
The YFC participants will be invited to the centre and will be briefed about the Star Shelter and what they can do to support the cause.