Established in 1997, CARE Singapore is a youth development charity helping at-risk youths find direction, hope and success. CARE is also an NCSS-appointed Centre of Specialisation for Youth Empowerment, to help raise service quality in this sector. CARE serves about 1,000 youths annually. Our greatest achievement is in changed lives; affirmed by positive feedback from parents, teachers, principals and the many success stories surfaced years after our youths have graduated from our programmes.
Our Mission: Helping youths succeed!
Our Vision: Raising RIPE young people (Resilient, Involved, Purposeful, Empowered)
1. School Social Work
2. Counselling & Case Work
3. Outreach / Youth Mentoring
4. Parenting / Teachers Training
Intended use of funds through the YFC 2018 programme
The funds raised will be used to support the cost of our ASE (After School Engagement) activities; an added year-long support to engage youths in purposeful development programs based on their interests. Additionally, it will be used to support a new programme which focuses on the youth’s mental wellness.
Engaging and involving the YFC participants
CARE has a comprehensive onboarding programme for all volunteers which includes:
1. A face to face interview to get to know the YFC team, understand, inform, assess and clarify any queries about the organization.
2. Comprehensive support is provided before YFC teams submit their proposal for approval. Teams will share their proposal and a meeting set up to manage expectations, assess the feasibility and ensure that the proposed plans are doable for the YFC team to accomplish. At this point, resources and information will be shared with the YFC team to support them in their planning. The final draft and proposal will be reviewed by CARE before it is sent to YMCA.
3. During the YFC journey, team members have access to the CARE staff i/c via WhatsApp, calls, and emails. There will be check-ins done from time to time to ensure that the team members are managing and coping well with their plans. The CARE staff will also attend the team’s initiatives in support.
4. Post YFC, team members will receive a testimonial from CARE which will indicate their support of the organization and achievements during the YFC journey.