TOUCH Community Services
TOUCH has an integrated network of 18 services with 19 centres and 24 children’s clubs located at different parts of Singapore. Its clients include children from low-income or single-parent families, youths-at-risk, needy families, people with special and healthcare needs, and the frail elderly. Over the last 24 years, TOUCH has reached out to many individuals from all races and religions. In 2016, TOUCH reached out to more than 28,000 clients and 156,000 service users.
Intended use of funds through the YFC 2018 programme
Every year, TOUCH depends on donations from the public to support our work in the community.
Some of our programmes and services include:
– TOUCH Young Arrows, which serves children low-income and single-parent families. Through weekly academic and character-building activities at our 24 children’s clubs, we help children in need rise above their challenges and realise their potential, by providing them with educational, social, emotional and moral support.
– TOUCH Home Care, which helps frail elderly enjoy greater independence and better quality of life in the comfort of their home. Our customised services include home medical, meal delivery, housekeeping, personal hygiene services, and transport services to hospitals for appointments.
– TOUCH Centre for Independent Living, which believes that individuals with intellectual disabilities can be empowered to contribute to society and live a dignified life. It is a day activity centre that seeks to provide a competency-based training programme suitable for adults with mild intellectual disabilities.
Engaging and involving the YFC participants
To ignite the passion of these YFC teams and orientate them to get to know the cause they are raising awareness & funds for, TOUCH would be able to do the following:
1. Invite the volunteers to our center
2. Provide volunteer opportunity for the selected teams & their volunteers
3. Collaboration with our beneficiaries to produce street sales items