The SPCA is a registered non-profit animal welfare charity with IPC status, and our two main objectives are to promote kindness and prevent cruelty to animals.
Relying mainly on kind donations from the public and fundraising, the Society does not receive any government funding or grants, to support the shelter and clinic, inspectorate work and animal rescue services, as well as other initiatives such as our foster care programme, sterilisation programme for community animals, and education and outreach efforts.
Over 100 animals are taken in by the Society every month. Most of these animals are abandoned, unwanted, abused, sick/injured or lost.
To carry out our animal welfare work, we require over S,400,000 annually.
The Society provides various animal welfare services to the community including:
• Animal cruelty and welfare investigations
• 24-hour emergency animal rescue
• Running a shelter for stray, abandoned and unwanted pets
• Complementary veterinary care and spay/neuter surgeries for community animals
• School based education programmes, and conducted group visits to SPCA
• Education talks, seminars and workshops
• Foster care for young animals
• Lost and found pets
• Providing volunteer opportunities to enhance corporate and community engagement
• Rehoming notice board for personal adoption notices
• Advocacy for wildlife, companion and community animals and animals
Intended use of funds through the YFC 2019 programme
Funds raised through the YFC 2019 programme will be channeled towards the running of the various services the SPCA provides. This includes funding for our 24 hour emergency rescue service and shelter for lost, unwanted animals among other services. Funds raised will also be used to improve our services so that we can serve more needy animals in the community.
Engaging and involving the YFC participants
YFC participants will be invited down to the SPCA shelter for an insightful talk which will share with them the work the SPCA does and the animals we help. Participants are also welcomed to interact with our shelter animals. Participants are also welcomed to join us at external events to get to know our target audience.