[APR 2021] YMCA Youth For Causes 2021: Rise Above!
Dear Youth For Causes Family,
The YMCA Youth For Causes (YFC) 2021 programme is back! Up to 100 teams will be provided seeding funding of $1,600, mentorship and training so that the teams can effectively raise awareness and funds for the social cause of their choice.
YMCA of Singapore is the sole organiser and sponsor of the YFC 2021 programme. Tapping on the YMCA-Lim Kim San Fund, a fund that promotes volunteerism and volunteer capabilities, we aim to empower youth and help charities in their awareness and fundraising efforts during this COVID-19 pandemic.
Seed Funding Mechanism
- $1,600 Seed Funding: The $1,600 seed funding is provided as a loan to the social service agencies (SSAs) for teams to utilise as capital for their projects. Following previous years of YFC, this seed funding is a donation to the SSAs, which will NOT need to be returned.
Project Scope: Online
- Advocacy and Fundraising: To be conducted online until further notice by the relevant authorities
- Engagement of SSAs, mentors and volunteers: To take place online as much as possible
- Scoring Guidelines: To factor in team’s creativity in fundraising during this COVID-19 pandemic, their contributions and impact on their respective SSA. The SSA will provide an evaluation of their teams’ projects and conduct.
YFC 2021 Timeline
- Registration for SSAs & Teams: 26 April to 23 May
- Selection Interview: Sat, 29 May
- Official Launch: Fri, 4 Jun
- Implementation Period: 4 Jun to 10 Oct
- Training: TBC
- Project Showcase (1st round of judging): Sat, 23 Oct
- Awards Showcase (Final round of judging): Sat, 30 Oct
- Awards Celebration: Fri, 19 Nov
Through YFC 2020, 79 teams rose above the challenges and raised over $450,000 for 36 social service agencies (SSAs) that tackled social issues including mental wellness, special needs, less privileged youth, environmental conservation, and more. Through a combination of small-scale physical events held on campus while following social distancing measures, and virtual efforts including video productions for awareness, poetry contests, virtual concerts, and e-sports tournaments, the teams impacted the lives of many in need.
The YFC DNA lives on—to rise above challenging circumstances and bring positive impact through creative methods. May we serve and create a better Singapore for tomorrow.
Thank you and we look forward to an exciting YFC 2021 journey with all of you!
For further enquiries, please email email@example.com.