Description of Organization
CampusImpact is a social service agency with IPC status. Since 2006, we have been working to prepare the next generation by helping them develop positive attitudes, pioneering spirits and purposeful lives.
Vision: Strong Children, Strong Families, Strong Society.
Mission: To provide a holistic approach in character building for youths as they transit from childhood to adulthood, so that they will become useful citizens for the community and serve as pillars of strength for the nation.
CampusImpact’s programmes are categorised into 6 pillars: ImpactCare, ImpactEd, ImpactFamily, ImpactFUL, ImpactReach and the SG Cares Volunteer Centre @ Yishun.
1. ImpactCare are specialised services available for our clients such as face-to-face Counselling, Art Therapy, Dance and Movement Therapy, and Play Therapy, providing a safe alternative for our clients to manage their emotions and anxiety.
2. ImpactEd consists of the H.E.L.P: Helping. Educating. Leading. Parents. programme where we provide parents and practitioners with community support in their parenting journey through talks, workshops, forums, and online webinars. Through this initiative, those who work with young people can gain effective skills and knowledge to strengthen and restore relationships in the family and support children to grow strong.
3. ImpactFamily are services we provide to families such as through our Parents Advisory Helpline – a free counselling service available in English and Mandarin that helps parents resolve conflicts with their children and parents who are dealing with their children’s behavioural issues.
4. ImpactFul consists of centre-based programmes with a fruitful curriculum, presence of understanding adults as role models and guidance within a loving environment such as our Study Buddy programme and Learning Curve Education programme.
5. ImpactReach are outreach programmes out of our centre such as Study Buddy Plus at ComLink@Marsiling, After School Engagement in Schools and Mental Health Workshops at Institute of Higher Learnings.
6. SG Cares VC @ Yishun is a community-based organisation appointed by MCCY, to grow and coordinate volunteerism efforts at the town-level and facilitate partnerships to bridge the gap between community needs and resources.
Intended use of funds through the YFC 2022 programme
The funds raised through YFC 2022 programme will contribute to CampusImpact’s efforts in providing services to children from lower income families and their caregivers in Yishun, Marsiling, Admiralty, and Punggol West. CampusImpact will also be extending our initiatives beyond these towns as we work towards our vision of Strong Children, Strong Families, Strong Society.
In addition, CampusImpact will be building our second centre, to be located at Admiralty Grove which we hope to be completed by 2023, depending on the Covid-19 situation. The centre’s programmes will be focused on youth work to meet the needs of the community.
Engaging and involving the YFC participants
We will arrange initial meetings either virtual / on-site depending on the preference of the YFC team members to provide an overview of the programmes under our pillars. Sharing of past experiences, materials and resources to support the team’s implementation of initiatives and good tips of engaging our clients to better prepare the team – ensuring alignment of activities to our organisation’s theme of the year and enabling learnings for our clients. We also hope to encourage teams to expand on their creativity and empower them to plan and run initiatives that would meet our needs.
Dedicated staff from CampusImpact who have past experience with YFC projects will be assigned to the team. To encourage ease of communication and clarity, a WhatsApp group chat will be created where teams can bounce off ideas and reach out to us for support 🙂