Citi-YMCA Youth For Causes 2018:
Causes you can support
Over the past 15 years, the Citi-YMCA Youth For Causes Programme has had the privilege of empowering youths to benefit over 150 Social Service Organizations (SSO).
What is a Social Service Organization?
According to the National Council of Social Services, a social service organization is defined as a non-profit organisation that provides services to benefit the community. Although there is no legal definition of a social service organisation, social service organisations are typically registered as charities and are primarily set up to meet social service needs
For more information please visit https://www.ncss.gov.sg/GatewayPages/Social-Service-Organisations/About-Social-Service-Organisation-s-Charities-IP.
Programme requirements for SSO Participation
- Valid Institute of Public Character (IPC) status
- Fulfil a social need as its core mission
- Member of NCSS, including selected organizations championing animal/environment causes
- Commitment to the programme
- Approval of the YFC Secretaria
Should you wish to choose an organisation that is not on this list, please contact email@example.com.
- What cause are you passionate about? Different SSOs meet different needs, such as Children, Youths, Elderly, Special Needs, Animals and Environment.
- How can you align your proposal and project to their mission and objectives?
- How will the SSO benefit from the public awareness, volunteers and funds that you raise?
Click on the name of the organisation below to view the organisation’s profile